2009年11月15日日曜日

Homework#5

1. Please explain a time proverb in your culture.
I think a time are treated valuable thing in a proverb in my culture. For example, "Time flies." and "Time and tide wait for no man." Time is important for us.


2. What do the following proverbs mean:

a. Time is money.

It means that time is valuable, and shouldn't be wasted.

b. A stitch in time saves nine.
It means that it's better to work without sparing oneself, if you wait may become worse or more difficult.

c. There's no time like the present.
It means that now is the best time to do something.
You should not do in the future.

d.Let's meet at 4. If I'm not there by 5, leave without me at 6, and I'll be there at 7.
I'm sorry I don't know that meaning.

10 件のコメント:

  1. Hi!
    Time is very important for me.
    I want to presure now.
    Time may have more value than money.
    What do you think?

    返信削除
  2. hello-
    we have many expressions about time!
    dont you think so??

    返信削除
  3. >>Jennifer

    Hi^^
    Thank you for your comment!!

    Yes, me too. I think so.
    I agree with your opinion.

    返信削除
  4. >>charlie

    Hello:)
    Thank you for your comment☆

    There are many expressions about time!
    I think so, too.
    I can't remember all things^^;

    返信削除
  5. hi!
    in japan, I think the time is emphasized that it is important for us.

    返信削除
  6. Hi!! I agree with your idea.
    "Time and tide wait for no man." is my favorite proverb.
    Time is valuable, so we must treasure to spend time!!

    返信削除
  7. Hi!!
    Thank you for your comment!!
    I think so.
    I agree with your opinion.
    We must spend time carefully.

    返信削除
  8. Hello!
    I agree with you.
    Time is very important for us.
    So, we should spend a day carefully.

    返信削除
  9. I agree with you.
    I also think that a time are treated valuable thing

    返信削除
  10. Hi.
    I think so too.
    Last queation "fashionable late" is difficult for me too.
    Some people answered it on their blogs.
    I'd recommend lookong them.

    返信削除