2009年5月10日日曜日

Homework*2



How is your daily life affected by Buddhism?

・"Itadakimasu(いただきます)"
Almost all Japanese people say "Itadakimasu" before they eating meal. Of course, me too. I think that it is one of the Japanese custom. Generally, Japanese pearents or school teachers teach children to say "Itadakimasu" bfore eating meal. The meaning to do this is to thank for all which keeps us alive. For example, woker, maker, carrier, and life. We can't live without all life. It is an important custom succeeded to the Japanese future from now on. When I have a child, I want to teach a child it.

・"A visit to a grave(墓参り)"
My family visit my grandfather's grave in a special day. The day, we clean the brave, and we pray to ancestors of heaven. I think that it has some means. The one of the means is we convey a feeling that thank you for always watching us and keep our life. We can't live now nothing ancestors, so It is very important day to say thank you for them.

・"hold a wake(通夜)"
On the funeral previous night, people who have a relationship to a departed gather, and they get ready to send a departed out. I don't know the details why do it, but I think it is last night for people to spend a time with a departed. So, it is very very precious time.

・"The Bon Festival(盆)"
A chain of events which to hold a ceremony for the repose of our ancestors is The Bon Festival. In west Hiroshima, people visit to a grave, and they offer Bon-garden lantern. It is uncommon custom in Japan. I don't know why it is offered at a grave, but it's custom for me from small. This day, my parents said that ancestor's soul come back. We have to get ready to meet them, so this is only one event a year that we can approach with ancestors. I want Japanese people to value this day.

・"Bon dancing(盆踊り)"
Bon dancing is performed every year in my town. All neighboring children and adults dance around a very high wooden stage. Everybody enjoy dancing. When I was a schoolchild, it was almost compulsion to participate in this festival. So, I don't know why do it. If I give a reason, I think it is a report to be cheerful this year.

1 件のコメント:

  1. Excellent answers. You explained yourself very clearly and it is easy to understand! Good work.

    返信削除